Vocational and employment training are offered as a part of all our women’s programming. VWW works with participants to develop work habit and communication skills, upgrading math skills; time and stress management; interviewing and resume writing; and preventing sexual harassment. Participants identify concerns and barriers to their personal and professional goals, as well as the strengths and transferrable skills they hold.
Examples of job search workshops while enrolled in classes
- Developing a Job Search Plan Using Community and Online Resources
- Writing a Successful Resume and Cover Letter
- Strategies for Positive Interviews
- Mentoring: How to Find a Mentor
- Tips and Traps: Finding Success on the Job
Post-Graduation Job Search Support for Graduates
- On-line Job Bank updated weekly with 20-40 new jobs
- Weekly check-in calls with job leads and support
- Availability of one-on-one support meetings and interview practice
- Ongoing coaching for graduates who are employed and are ready to start planning “next steps” in their careers
Contact: Rachel Jolly at (802) 655-8900, ext. 108.