Get Involved as a Donor
The work of Vermont Works for Women relies on the generous support of many friends and partners. We welcome gifts in a various forms:
- Check: The simplest way to give is to write a check payable to Vermont Works for Women and mail it to: VWW, 32A Malletts Bay Avenue, Winooski, VT 05404.
- Credit Card (online or by phone): Donate now!
- Gifts of Stock: A charitable gift of appreciated assets, like stocks or bonds, will qualify for a tax deduction and eliminates any capital gains taxes you might have incurred had you retained the stock. Call Annie at 802-655-8900 x111 for transfer instructions.
- Matching Gifts: You may be able to double or triple your gift if your employer matches charitable donations. Please check with your employer and provide a matching gift form to VWW.
- In-Kind Gifts: We are happy to accept appropriate non-monetary donations, but we ask you to contact us in advance to confirm that we are able to accept your donation. In some cases, storage may present a problem.
- Tribute or Memorial Gifts: You may make an annual gift in memory or in honor of a loved one or to commemorate a special occasion. We will send a card notifying the honoree or the family of your thoughtfulness.
- Bequest: A bequest may be the easiest and most cost effective way to make a gift by including VWW in your will. You may decide on a specific amount (specific bequest) a percentage of the estate (residuary bequest), or make a bequest based on other variables (contingent bequest).
- Life Insurance: You may donate a life insurance policy and name VWW as the beneficiary. Depending on the arrangement this may offer current and possible future tax deductions.
- Property or Real Estate: Acceptance of property or real estate is contingent on an appraisal and discussion with legal counsel.
- Retirement Assets: If you name VWW as the beneficiary of the remainder of your IRAs or other retirement benefit plans, after your lifetime, you may be able to avoid hefty taxation for your heirs.
- Planned Gifts: You may include VWW in your charitable giving plans through a charitable gift annuity, insurance policy, charitable trust, or other planned giving vehicles. Because each donor has unique charitable giving plans and tax laws change frequently, we suggest that you consult your financial planner or attorney to discuss which is best suited and most advantageous to your needs and desires and your family or heirs.
For more information about charitable giving options, contact Annie Crawford, Development Director, at (802) 655-8900, ext. 111.
Vermont Works for Women is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. All donations to VWW, including in-kind gifts, are acknowledged in writing.
Federal Tax I.D. #22-2894557